How to Prepare for an Interior Painting and Exterior Painting Project
Are you in the process of receiving painting estimates from licensed, professional, reliable painting companies? If so, it may be a good idea to start thinking about how you can make the project go as smooth as possible for both you and the painting contractor. First and foremost- what type of painting project do you intend on having completed? i.e- interior painting project or an exterior painting project?
Tips on How to Prepare for an Interior Painting Project-
- General cleaning, dusting of walls and baseboards, sweeping
- Proper planning in terms of placement of household items and furniture as work is completed.
- Moving and covering furniture
- Removing wall hangings
- Carefully removing of electrical covers and covering with painters tape if possible.
- Additional flooring protection- if applicable.
- Washing baseboards, dirty walls, floors, and other areas receiving new paint or coating with mild soap if applicable.
- Any minor patches or repairs needed before painting project started.
- Use high quality interior paint
Tips on How to Prepare for an Exterior Painting Project-
- General cleaning or pressure washing of walls, trim, drip edge, etc.
- Proper planning as work is completed.
- Moving and/or covering outdoor items, furniture
- Removing anything attached to the wall- hoses, power cords, decorations, etc.
- Carefully removing or covering electrical outlets and water spigots with painters tape if possible.
- Work area protection- if applicable- grass, landscaping, plants and flowers, bushes, walkways, driveways, and any other items or areas that are need to be covered and protected from paint particles.
- Scrape and sand off loose paint and rough spots, minor patches or repairs needed before painting project started.
- Caulk and fill all small cracks and fill holes
- Use primer when and where applicable
- Use high quality exterior paint
- Apply top coat when applicable.
Protect Your Paint!
After your painting project is completed and you are satisfied with the final results, it is now your responsibility to clean, maintain, and protect your fresh coat of paint. If the project is properly prepped and completed. then just a little maintenance, and your paint will last for your enjoyment and for years to come.
Thinking about a fresh coat of interior and/or exterior paint? Contact our Ocala painting company to schedule a free color consultation and painting estimate. Call- 1-352-209-8110 or click here to schedule online- https://clarkpaintingfl.com/contact-clark-painting/
About Clark Painting in Ocala, FL
Our Painting Company in Ocala, FL services the following areas-
Marion County – Alachua County – Citrus County – Sumter County – The Villages – Lake County – Pasco County – Hillsborough County – Pinellas County
Make your home, business, or facility stand out a today with our professional painting services! Call our professional painting company in Ocala, FL today for a free painting estimate! Call- 1-352-209-8110
About Our Professional Painting Company in Ocala FL
Clark Painting LLC- Premier Painting Contractor based in Ocala, FL. Offering Residential, Commercial, Industrial, Agricultural, and Equine Facility Painting Services. Schedule a Free Ocala Painting Service Estimate with Clark Painting Today! Residential, Commercial, Custom.